Win up to $1,000 cash back when you book a flight to the U.S*
Book a flight with Virgin Australia or Delta Air Lines to the U.S and go in the draw to win back the cost of your flight – up to $1,000 per booking.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Game of Chance
JV BLACK FRIDAY – WIN BACK YOUR FLIGHT Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
- Entry is open to Australian residents over the age of 18 years (Entrants).
- 3. The Promoter is Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965) of registered address 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006.
- The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and agencies associated with this Promotion are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
- The Promotion commences at 09:00am AEST on 25 November 2019 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on 2 December 2019 (Promotion Period).
- To enter the Promotion, Entrants must during the Promotion Period: (1) visit [insert landing page url address details here]; (2) register their details including (but not limited to) first name, last name and email address; (3) agree to these terms and conditions and (4) book a flight travelling between Australia and North America that is operated by Virgin Australia or Delta Air Lines via the Virgin Australia website (www.virginaustralia.com), or any online or offline travel agent service (an Entry).
- There is a limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Promotion Period.
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
- If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email Social.Media@virginaustralia.com you will be removed from the Promotion.
- Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
- Drawing Winners
- The draw will be conducted on 6 December 2019 at 10:00am AEST at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5 210 Central Coast Highway Erina NSW 2250. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant is drawn.
- The winner or winners (a Winner) will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published on VirginAustralia.com on 10 December 2019.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 20 March 2020 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
- A redrawn Winner, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw, and in writing within two (2) days of draw. The name of any re-draw Winner will be published on VirginAustralia.com on 25 March 2020.
- Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
- This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
- There are ten (10) prizes to be won. The first ten valid entries drawn will each win cash, which equates to the cost of their Entry, up to a maximum of AUD$1,000 per Entry. Any Winner with an Entry exceeding AUD$1,000 will only receive AUD$1,000 as a prize.
- Total prize value is a maximum of AUD$10,000 (including GST). The prizes are not exchangeable or transferrable.
- If any prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Flights are subject to Virgin Australia’s fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage which are located on the Virgin Australia website at www.virginaustralia.com.
- It is a Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- A Winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
- The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the Entry. For avoidance of doubt, the Entrant named in the Entry will be the name registered to this Promotion and must also be a passenger travelling in the flight booking Entry.
- Contacting the Entrant
- Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a Winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a Winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.